Karen Flynn has been licensed since 2000. She holds an M.S. in clinical psychology and has been working with couples, individuals, and families for the past 15 years. She has convenient office hours including two evenings and Saturday mornings.
Karen specializes in working with couples and uses a highly effective and research-based approach. Couples are using more sophisticated techniques to manage difficulties that come up in their relationships. The Gottman approach to therapy is a major breakthrough. She has completed Level 3 of the training from the acclaimed Gottman Institute in Seattle.
Karen’s approach to couples therapy is based on this research that has revealed the factors involved in the prediction of marital failure within 91% accuracy. Karen can help identify and correct these qualities in your relationship. She will teach you the difference between solveable problems and perpetual problems, how to have effective and resolved arguments, and how to strengthen the positive aspects of your relationship.
The Gottman method is very specific and has proven to be very effective in working with couples. Therapy is goal oriented, frequently brief and reinforced with tools that prevent relapse.
Here are some things you can expect from sessions:
- An effective assessment of the couple’s dynamics,
- Powerful but practical tools, including optional homework and things to practice between sessions,
- Helps you understand destructive patterns
- Shows couples new ways of being together that promotes connection.
- Please visit www.gottman.com or www.gottsex.com for more information about Karen’s style of couples therapy.
Karen Flynn, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC#37080