Karen Flynn has been licensed since 2000. She holds an M.S. in clinical psychology and has been working with couples, individuals, and families for the past 15 years. She has convenient office hours including two evenings and Saturday mornings.
Karen specializes in working with couples and uses a highly effective and research-based approach. Couples are using more sophisticated techniques now to manage difficulties, and the Gottman approach to therapy is a major breakthrough. She has completed Level 3 of the training from the acclaimed Gottman Institute in Seattle.
Karen’s approach to couples therapy is based on this research that has revealed the factors involved in the prediction of marital failure with 91% accuracy. Karen can help identify and correct these qualities in your relationship.
Therapy is goal oriented, frequently brief and reinforced with tools that prevent relapse.
You will learn:
• the difference between solveable problems and perpetual problems (they require much different approaches to resolution)
• how to have effective and resolved argument
• how to understand and end destructive patterns
• how to strengthen the positive aspects of your relationship.
• new ways to be together that promote connection and understanding
Sessions also include:
• An effective assessment of the couple’s dynamics
• Powerful and practical tools, including optional homework and things to practice between sessions
Karen Flynn, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC#37080